One of the highlights of K+ is the Spotlight Summer School. During Spotlight students will work alongside others in their subject stream, attending a free, non-residential, week-long programme of events:
- Academic small-group lessons run by a King’s PhD tutors. Each tutor is a specialist in the students’ chosen subject.
- Tailored support from their tutor to prepare students for completing their own assessed independent academic project.
- Information sessions on university applications, personal statements and student finance.
- Taster workshops run by King’s student societies and clubs, from video gaming to bhangra.
- Social events and challenges with other students throughout the week.
- Employability skills workshops from external organisations.
- Tours and study time in King’s libraries and campuses.